What Suspicious Behaviors and Activities Should You Report?
- People drawing or measuring important buildings.
- Strangers asking questions about security or building security procedures.
- Briefcase, suitcase, backpack, or package left behind.
- Cars or trucks left in No Parking zones in front of important buildings.
- Intruders in secure areas where they are not supposed to be.
- Chemical smells or fumes that worry you.
- People asking questions about sensitive information such as building blueprints, security plans, or VIP travel schedules without a right or need to know.
- Purchasing supplies or equipment that can be used to make bombs or weapons or purchasing uniforms without having the proper credentials.
Important Places to Watch
- Government buildings
- Religious facilities
- Amusement parks
- Sports/Entertainment venues
- High-rise buildings
- Mass-gathering locations—parades, fairs, etc.
- Shopping malls
- Public transportation
There is a lot more you should know, the complete list and many important details are available on LAPD Website: read them!
In short, if you report something suspicious to you that turns out to be insignificant, your report will be dismissed. BUT – if by chance – you report a real threat, YOU could save many innocent lives. Take your chances: be a hero! Download the iWATCH app and use it.