Hire LA’s Youth is one of the City’s most exciting programs to put young adults to work, ensuring they have “first time” job experience that will set them on the path of lifetime earners. This year we are committed to providing 15,000 jobs for young people ages 14 to 24 who live in the city of Los Angeles.
Become a Partner with the Hire LA’s Youth Initiative
- SPONSOR employment for one or more youths – a $2,200 pledge to the program sponsors one youth
- HIRE one or more young people at your workplace
- GET SUBSIDIZED SUMMER YOUTH EMPLOYEES by offering supervised work at your workplace
- SPONSOR SUMMER YOUTH EMPLOYEES and GET SUBSIDIZED SUMMER YOUTH EMPLOYEES by offering supervised work at your workplace
This Program Benefits All Angelenos!
Thousands of motivated young job seekers apply each year hoping for a summer job opportunity and Mayor Eric Garcetti and our workforce partners are determined to put 15,000 young people to work this summer with the goals of:
- Preparing young adults for the 21st Century workforce in the city of Los Angeles
- Engaging youth in positive activities during summer
- Partnering with the city’s business community
- Developing long-term employment opportunities for L.A.’s youth
They are the future, let them know you care! Learn how to get involved in Hire LA’s Youth.
Your life is calling: Learn how to prepare for a job!